The Brits always think they had something going. Porridge Radio or Sprints? Yard Act! Aye, the UK’s DIY-post-punk scene makes bird and bloke raise a smile. Shakespeare already knew: The cat will mew, and dog will have his day. The island sounds Post-Punk 2k2.
To make sure nobody could by accident feel happy here for too long, there is the mainland.
What’s that… A virus pandemic causing lockdowns with everybody arrested at home? For at least two years, you say? Splendid.
What’s that… Russian military bombing cities in Europe? Oh, gimme a break! I still sleep with the lights on because the Dutch sent nightmares to Manchester last summer.
Nightmares to Manchester
When 3-MMC and 4-CMC got banned, the Dutch police pretended to have stopped an organized crime group (1-OCG) from supplying Britain with XTC pills. According to the Dutch, this incident would have led to an MDMA shortage. Known as reliable shippers, the Dutch disposed of the now-banned Research Chemical 4-CMC in Manchester, UK.
The Brits soon found out:
With Manchester suffering badly and drug education & testing charities alerted, newspaper journalists like James Robinson from the Daily Mail (Online) picked up the story. It goes without saying that the team with VICE closely monitors the drugs market as a habit and also warned against synthetic Cathinones like 4-CMC that were sold for MDMA.
The same warning as every year, James
- Established drugs like Cocaine and MDMA are relatively well-researched and relatively safe compared to unpredictable Research Chemicals (NPS) like 3-MMC, 3-CMC, and 4-CMC.
- Drug testing charities publish warnings if they discover a sample either too strong or contaminated. Some XTC pills contain concerningly high = health-threatening dosages of MDMA. Worrisome contaminations could be, amongst others, any Research Chemicals (NPS).
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle does not include substance abuse whatsoever. “Relatively” “established” does not mean good.
Research Chemicals (New Psychoactive Substances, NPS) posing an immense risk to health due to lack of research and no history of human use is no news. It’s the same ol’ song we overhear for fifteen years.
In case you just tuned in:
- New Psychoactive Substances (NPS, “Research Chemicals”) are based on common drugs like Amphetamine and pose similar risks (health issues).
- You must not drive under the influence. Substances remain in your blood for days and test positive for common drugs like Amphetamine.
- Research Chemicals would usually be unknown substances. Nobody could predict their action profile or side effects. There is no data about possibly life-threatening interactions with medicine etc., available.
And Now for Something Completely Different
I live in a country in Europe claiming not to be a fan of the war against Europe but nonetheless financing it.
Europe says they had agreed on hefty sanctions, Russian banks got blocked from SWIFT. Well, seven of them, but not the banks that Europe needs to pay their gas bills. We import even more gas than before. Europe buys Russian gas for about 900 million Euros every day, and, of course, we pay for it. If we didn’t, Russia wouldn’t send the gas we need for heat.
I sit here with a window opened for fresh air, wearing beach sandals, shorts, and a tee. It is winter, but the tomatoes on the table are from the region. Local farmers built huge glasshouses to heat them up for growing summer vegetables all year.
We all suffer together with our brothers and sisters and neighbors. Of course, we are not going as far as wearing a pullover at home.
Nobody here even thought of asking us not to heat up rooms or outdoor pools or stop that stupid glass houses thing.
Ironically, energy costs have risen lately. Even though we import more than ever, prices for gas and oil are through the roof. In its infinite wisdom and glory, “the market” somehow raised the cost of being stupid.
The first protesters already hit the streets. They demand the government stand up against corporate solidarity and bring their tomatoes back.
Donate to the Disasters Emergency Committee Ukraine Appeal. The UK Government matches, pound-for-pound, £25 million of public donations to this appeal. (GOV.UK)
£30 could provide essential hygiene supplies for three people for one month. (Credit Card or PayPal)
Austrian Government doubles your “Nachbar in Not” donation (until April, 18). (APA)
Nachbar in Not: Help Ukraine (Credit Card)
3-Chloromethcathinone (3-CMC) is a novel substance of the cathinone class. It is an analogue of the neurotoxic 4-CA. (Psychonaut Wiki)
Effects of 3-CMC: There are generally few users who find this substance worthwhile. It is usually described as nothing special or even disappointing, making the risk of neurotoxicity even more unnecessary. (Neue Psychoaktive Substanzen Punkt De)
There is no such thing as “safe” use, only “safer” use. (Psychonaut Wiki)
Leave a Reply